Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekly Photo Challenge - "Reflection"

So I HAD a plan...

You see, I've heard there are some really neat waterfalls and ponds up in Red Rock Canyon. My "plan" was to get some reflection pictures off the water, and do some exploring while I was at it :) Well... I procrastinated so today was my last chance!

After nap time was over, I packed up my girls and we headed for the hills. Daddy was at work so unfortunately he couldn't join us on this adventure :( With a baby in my front pack, water and goodies in my back pack, my enormous camera around my neck and my toddler at my side... I must have been quite the sight! People probably figured I must be crazy, and about halfway up I knew they were right.

Taking into consideration my precious cargo, I realized the hike was too treacherous for today and therefore not worth the pictures, "BUST!" (as my friend Kate would say, lol). Eventually my brain turned on and we headed back to safety :) Thank goodness for moments of sanity, right!

Luckily I got back to my car before the sun disappeared and scrambled to get a handful of pictures of the mountains reflecting through my driver's side mirror, lol! Here's my fav:



And here's Monica's pic! The colors from the bubbles are pretty sweet! It really is a fun picture to look at :)



So I'm totally loving this photo challenge thing! Without it I wouldn't have any motivation to attempt these ridiculous ideas in my head :)

On that note I'd like to announce our new challenge for this week:

"Texture"

No comments: