Sunday, May 11, 2008

Havasupai Waterfalls... here we come!

Tomorrow my husband and I leave for our Grand Canyon backpacking trip! I am SO excited, I can't even contain myself!! We start hiking first thing Tuesday morning into what looks like one of the most beautiful places on earth. I can't wait to see it for myself. And yes I am bringing a camera... my little Rebel XTi :) So hopefully I'll get some amazing shots like the one I found on the National Park Society website. Take a peek... it's amazing!

And just to make you all jealous, here's something I recently read at www.pygmyguides.com:

"Havasu Falls is without question one of the most amazing places on earth. “Havasupai” means “people of the blue green water”, and this natural wonder is the sacred home of many of the Havasupai people. This hike begins at Hualapai Hilltop, making a 10 mile descent through Hualapai Canyon and Havasu Canyon, pass Supai Village to the campground. From here, we access world renown Mooney and Havasu Falls. These spectacular turquoise waterfalls drop into cool travertine pools making some of the world’s best swimming holes."

No comments: