Friday, May 16, 2008

Trip to Paradise

My husband and I just returned from the most epic adventure of our lives! Even though the many miles of constant hiking made us so sore we're STILL limping, our trip to Havasupai was more amazing than we could have ever imagined possible. I only wish we would have stayed longer!

Of course I took millions of pictures... all while climbing over, under and through the most amazing waterfalls I've ever seen. And surprisingly, my equipment survived the journey too!

Here are some pictures I had to share. There are four main waterfalls, and I was lucky enough to photograph them all :) I'll probably post more pics in the future, because I haven't even finished editing yet. This place is a photographer's dream!

My first picture is of Beaver Falls. They're located the furthest from the hilltop trail head, but are definitely worth the 14 mile trek! We swam an entire afternoon here, and even jumped off one of the cliffs :)

This picture is of Mooney Falls, but could never do it justice. These falls are more than 200 feet high, and more majestic than words or photography could ever convey.

Here is Havasu Falls, which plunges about 100 feet into beautiful blue green water. Havasu is probably the most popular because of it's spectacular beauty and it's ease of accessibility.

And last but not least is Navajo Falls which are over 75 feet high. The pools around these falls make some of the greatest swimming holes!

Here I am playing on a rope swing in one of the thousands of pools. This place is breathtaking, and will totally bring out your inner child!

Here we are at the base of Mooney Falls. How romantic, lol!

This trip was fantastic, and I would recommend it to anyone. Even if you're not into backpacking, you can still get there by horse or even helicopter. Everyone should see this place! Needless to say, we plan to return regularly :)

No comments: