Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekly Photo Challenge - "Sunrise"

I don't think I would define this week's theme as a "photo" challenge as much as a physical one, lol. You basically can't go wrong if you catch the light displayed at sunrise. Which reminds me of one of my favorite photography quotes:

"In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary!"

As you can see below, all of the photos below are extraordinary! Getting up early again made me wonder why I'm such a night owl. I was amazed at how many people I saw out running and biking at 5:30 am!! Now I'm starting to think maybe I should join them :)

Here are the photos, starting with mine:

ISO: 100
Shutter: 1/100
Aperture: F22
Focal length: 60mm



Monica's photo

ISO: 250
Aperture: F20
Shutter: 1/125
Focal Length: 100mm



Jessica's photo
ISO: 400
Aperture: f/7.1
Shutter: 1/125
Focal Length: 55mm



Leisel's photo
ISO: 100
Aperture: f22
Shutter speed: 1/20
Focal length: 27



Heidi's photo

ISO: 200
Aperture: F9
Shutter: 1/320
Focal length: 24mm



And this weeks challenge is:

"Sunset"

Now this theme is easy, and super fun! Try to capture your subject during the last 30 seconds or so of available light. If you don't know this secret already, you'll be amazed at your discovery :) My college professor dubbed this magical time at sunrise and sunset as the "sweet light." I can't wait to see the results!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

ooo, i'm excited about the sunset. i've also heard it called the 'golden hour'. hmmm, what can i do to make it different. ;) thanks for giving us these assignments.

Ellie said...

Jeremy wants to join your photo challenge!!! where does he need to submit the pics?

Jessica B Photography said...

It will be interesting to see the difference/similarities? between the sunrises and sunset pictures.

Kristal said...

Hey, I wanna join too! What do I need to do? THis looks like fun!