Sunday, August 17, 2008

Weekly Photo Challenge - "Something Blue"

I'm super excited because the weekly photo challenges are getting more popular, which I think is fantastic! Numerous people have talked about joining in, and several individuals are starting to send me pictures each week. So far we have a mix of pros, amateurs, and newbies! It's awesome to see the assigned subject through so many different perspectives. I've learned so much already and gained a lot of inspiration as well. Each week I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with :)

Keeping the growth of the challenge in mind, I've decided to make a few changes:

Number 1 - I've decided to post camera settings along with each photograph. I think it will be useful for everyone to be able see the technical side of each photograph as well, so please include that data along with your photo if you feel comfortable doing so!

Number 2 - From now on, if you would like to be part of the challenge please e-mail me your photograph by Sunday afternoon. This will save me SO much time, thanx! Here's my address:

mindy@redrockstudioslv.com

Number 3 - If I get too many submissions each week, I may have to limit the number I post on my blog simply due to time. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to work this dilemma, but I'll keep you all updated!

I think that's it! And just for kicks or anyone new, here's a review of how the challenges work:

Each challenge is one week in length
Only one photo per person (I know it's hard!)
Results are posted each Sunday night

Happy shooting!

So back to this week's photos. This is my daughter's bubble bath, which was the most incredibly blue thing I could find!

ISO: 100
Aperture: 2.8
Shutter: 1/100
Focal length: 70mm
Window light



Monica's something blue:

ISO: 160
Aperture: F4
Shutter: 1/2000
Focal length: 30mm




Jessica's something blue:



Leisel's something blue:



Heidi's something blue:



And our challenge for this week is:

"Sunrise"

This will probably be the most difficult for me yet... I love sleeping in which is horrible, seeing how early morning light is simply stunning!

3 comments:

Jessica B Photography said...

Good idea: posting the camera settings.

Bad idea: sunrise?!?!?! I'm just kidding - it's not a bad idea, just a difficult one for us sleepers. :) But I have had a goal of getting up earlier, maybe this will help...

LM said...

Mindy,
Thank you so much for letting me participate. I'm having so much fun. I haven't been an early riser this summer(much to my husband's disapointment) but I am going to be in Utah this week. I'm hoping to find some great pictures. Do you have any advice for me? Can't wait~
Leisel

Jessica B Photography said...

Ooh, I like Monica's clouds.