Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekly Photo Challenge - "Painting with Light"

Painting with light is awesome... in fact it's so great we have to do this again soon! I had so many thing I wanted to try, but time didn't permit... so I ended up finding something to shoot around the house, which was still great fun :)

Here are the results, starting with my shot:

ISO 100
Aperture f/22
Shutter- approximately 45 seconds
Focal Length 65mm
A pitch black room and an LED headlamp :)



Monica's shot:

ISO 100
Aperture F3.5
Shutter 10sec
Focal Length 18mm



Jessica's shot:

ISO 200
Shutter 6 seconds
Aperture f/3.25
Focal length 50mm
LED flashlight



Leisel's shot:

ISO 400
Aperture f/5.6
Shutter 3.2 seconds



And our challenge for this week:

"Use your Bulb setting"

I'm having way too much fun with these long exposures... and I have so many ideas, so hopefully I'll have more time this week :)

3 comments:

LM said...

Why don't you share some of those ideas with me because I don't have a single one!!!!

Jessica B Photography said...

What do you shoot with, Mindy? I have a Canon TC-80N3 cord that I've never used and can't use. My Canon stuff got stolen right after my husband bought the cord for me. Then I decided to go with Nikon since I was basically starting from scratch. I have the timer release cord and a speedlight that are Canon still, just haven't gotten around to listing them on Ebay yet. Anyways, if you (or anyone else)are interested let me.

Yeah, this assignment is a little frustrating since I have a cable that does not work with my camera!

Heidi said...

my friend is borrowing my camera in preparation for taking family photos for us. she's used to shooting with 35 mm, so i wanted her to get the feel for digital! i'll start up with assignments again next week!!